1.ozone application of dye wastewater :
Studay shows that ozonation process was used for decolorization of five commercial reactive dyes (Remazol Brilliant Red 3BS-A 150%, Remazol Yellow 3R-SA 133%, Remazol Blue R Special, Remazol Turquoise G 133% and Remazol Brilliant Blue BB), having various chromophore groups (monoazo, anthraquinone, phthalocyanine, formazan copper complex). The aim of the study was to examine in detail the effect of the major system parameters on the decolorization efficiency of ozone and to compare the effectiveness of ozone in decolorization of reactive dye effluents depending on the dye chromophore. The parameters, which were examined separately, are the solution pH and the ozonation time. Ozonation process was carried out in batch system and the ozone production rate was 1000g/h. In the study, it was found that color removal efficiencies, depending on the dye chromophore, vary from 83% to 96% and 34% to 93% in the ozonation processes carried out with and without pH adjustment, respectively. Furthermore, according to the experimental results, it can be concluded that the ozonation process could be effectively used in decolorization of reactive dyes especially having copper formazan and anthraquinone chromophores.
1. More effective than chlorine in destroying viruses and bacteria
2. Utilizes a short contact time
3. No harmful residuals that need to be removed after ozonation because ozone decomposes rapidly
4. No regrowth of microorganisms, except for those protected by the particulates in the wastewater stream
5. Generated onsite, and thus, there are fewer safety problems associated with shipping and handling
6. Elevates the dissolved oxygen (DO) concentration of the effluent
7. Can eliminate the need for reaeration and also raise the level of DO in the receiving stream
8. Clean, safe, and reliable, taking up less space, and less equipment than many chemical treatment/storage systems
9. Saves money by eliminating on-going chemical costs
10. Destroys all bacteria without a preference to one type of organism. Ozone will also remove some BOD, COD, and many other contaminates in the wastewater stream.
11. Filtration will not be necessary after ozone disinfection
12. Fewer secondary by-products like trihalomethones (THM) are formed with the use of ozone
Ozone is most effective, however, by either eliminating or significantly reducing precursors in the raw water responsible for THM formation.
1. Oxidation of odor causing compounds in the water may also be a secondary effect of ozone use in wastewater
2. Odor control may be completed during the disinfection process
3. Micro-pollutant removal and eliminates the need to add processes in the treatment stream with future regulation
Air pump model
Air pump power
Air pump flow
Air pump output pressure
Air pump GW. (KG)
Air pump size(cm)